Advance Planning Pays Off
To get lovely bountiful beds of spring flowers you need to plan and plant today. In this zone, you can plant until a hard freeze, so you still have time.
Here are a few tips to consider:
- Decide on an existing planting bed you want to use or design a new bed.
- Select bulbs based on shape, color and blooming times. Bulbs sold online and in nurseries show when you can expect blooms.
- Prepare the soil as directed for your bulbs.
- Plant according to directions.
- Plan to plant more bulbs than you think you need…squirrels and chipmunks will dig up their share!
Pro Tip from the Professionals at Landfare Ltd.
Because we know an abundant display of spring flowers make the best impact, we take every effort to deter furry critters from digging up bulbs. After you prepare the planting bed and put the bulbs in place, cover the area with chicken wire. Tuck it in around the planting bed, then cover with soil. While not 100% effective, you will see really good results and more blooms in the spring.
See more beautiful spring blooms from Landfare Ltd. here.